Monday, July 12, 2010

Encausticat or Try Number 2

This is my second attempt. I supposed I like it a little better. Again, I used a cut out, so it is kind of like a collage.

My friend who paid my way into this class loves cats. I decided it would be nice of me to make her a piece to show my gratitude.

This one was really quite straight forward looking, but there are a few techniques of adhearing one layer to the one under it that takes a little practice. You can maybe see this on the "bed of roses" this kitty is laying on. One really cool thing about this, is in three years, once I get really good at this, I can go back into this one and rework it. While this medium is not one for control freaks it is quite forgiving in that you can rework it, and cover or scrape off what you don't like.

Ok, now to the last 2 panels. As you will see, to me, it does not look like I made too much progress.....but what I did have was lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment