Monday, July 12, 2010

Save The Best For Last, or funny flower diptic.

Ok,my dear readers, this is it...this is the end of the day of learning how to paint with wax. The instructor suggested that I leave them like this, and not do any layers of the clear wax to make them a little more ethereal. I am not sure I like these, but like I mentioned before, if I go out and buy some materials, I can work some more on them.

So, here are the results from my class. It was fun, very much enjoyed watching the other attendees work on their wax works and I liked many of their finished products. For me, at least in this stage of my healing, I am happy that I stayed with it, even though I wanted to leave right after lunch. I had forgotten to take any pain meds in the morning, and did not bring any with me, so I was in some pretty intense pain. I mostly stood up during this process, and I now know I can't so that. I probably shouldn't have, as I am not sure i did my body any favors, but my soul is pretty happy!

I am hoping to obtain the materials I need to continue to work with encaustics. Because I have worked with batik, I already have a lot of what I need. This makes me very happy!

So, while I would not say I am totally happy with what I produced, I am excited to study this and discover what more I can do with the materials. I am very excited that I have the desire, and the energy to use my creativity.

Again, a huge thanks to my friend who told me tonight that she hoped that going to this workshop would help re-awaken that in me again. It did, but what it didn't do is make me awake now......I am tired, and the pain killers are taking an edge off, so I guess i will see if I can go to sleep and dream of art images to create!

I have a meeting fairy early tomorrow morning for our local community center (who knows, if I keep going with this visual arts energy, maybe I will arrange a showing of my work!). So, as always, thanks for reading and looking at the pictures. I hope that there will be many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment