Monday, July 12, 2010

First attempt at encaustics....Horse and Clouds


I am sorry, but I think this is going to be a little difficult to see. If I can figure out this blog layout, I will show you the close up on this same page. This was my first attempt. My very favorite part is the upper left corner, where those white spots are. There are about 20 layers of wax on this subtrate. I was not happy at all, but then it kind of came together. It may be hard to tell, but there is a horse in the middle. I spent most of the workshop on this piece. Hopefully the close up will be below, if not, it will be in another blog post. Ok, well, it ended up being the first picture. I am so computer illiterate sometimes! Anyway, everything is layers of wax with the exception of the horse, which is a cut out, and there is a little jewel thingy that is up around where the "sun" would be.

When I started this, I had no idea what I wanted to do. I was pretty much just focused on trying the layers and colors and seeing how they reacted to one another. I also used a kind of scratch board technique to reveal some color below the top colors.

Ok next post, will be the next piece I tried, but don't expect anything much better! LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment