Monday, July 12, 2010

I believe I am in love....

Oh sure, that got your attention. Well, for those of you who are romantics, sorry, it probably isn't what you are thinking. I am in love with the art medium of encaustics. I just finished the class, and it was so fun. Unfortunately I am paying for it now (partly because I forgot to take a pain killer this morning), and the last hour or so was pretty challenging because of the pain and fatigue.....but I loved it.

When I can move again, I will post the pics of what I made today. I ended up doing 4 pieces. They are obviously beginners works, but that is what I was!

I am literally sitting here falling asleep; so I will post more, with pics, later....but thank you my wonderful friend for giving me this gift. I hope I will be able to set up a studio and continue to do this, as I think I am drawn to hot wax or something. First batik, and now this (well, and the yarn painting too!). It would be nice if your gift could become a way for me to go into that creative zone and forget about my body, and it's aches and pains.

So, have to go sleep, I will be awake in a few hours probably, and I will post the pics then....but one more time, just in case someone didn't understand......thank you, thank you, thank you, for this lovely and generous gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment